Reports To: Mammography Manager
Purpose: Responsible for performing mammography procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures. Meet and exceed patient expectations and adhere to established practices while assuring the best possible care for patients.
- Performs radiologic testing specific to mammography.
- Operates radiographic equipment and other equipment/devices as appropriate.
- Calculates exposure factors.
- Assists physicians by obtaining and communicating results timely, accurately, and without compromising security and confidentiality.
- Performs quality control procedures prior to performing clinical procedures and regularly inspects equipment.
- Evaluates radiographs for diagnostic quality.
- Prepares and sets up medical supplies using aseptic techniques if appropriate.
- Explains procedures and provides education to patients and family members.
- Instructs and prepares patients for radiology procedures in a professional manner within established policies and procedures.
- Ensures all required documentation, requisitions, forms, charges, and patient’s medical record are completed. Completes all written and computer documentation in a timely manner.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Promote quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education, & Experience:
- Graduate of American Medical Association approved program in Radiologic Technology and meets requirements for mammography education including certification in digital mammography
- Must be registered with the State of Texas and have ARRT with Mammography license.
- Current certification as a Texas Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Require at least 3 to 5 year experience as a Mammographer.
- Preferred knowledge of FDA, MQSA, TDH and ACR regulations
- Experience with Quality Assurance and Quality Control initiatives.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbally).
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Ability to solve customer/patient problems, treats customer/patient with dignity and respect, and responds quickly to customer/patient needs.
- Ability to work independently to perform job with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle high stress situations and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to follow established departmental procedures.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manor and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to train and oversee other staff members.
- Ability to schedule time, staff, and assignments effectively.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with staff and patients
Patient Service Representative
Job Type: Full Time
Salary for this position will be $12 - $15 per hour depending on experience.
Required Experience - Medical Office: 1 year
Austin Area OB/GYN is a prestigious, high volume physicians' office that has served the Austin community for over 55 years. We are looking for an experienced, professional front desk person to add to our Patient Operations team!
The position will encompass all front desk functions including:
- checking in patients
- entering insurance and demographic information
- verifying insurance eligibility
- checking out patients
- collecting on deductibles and coinsurance
- other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have worked in a medical office setting and should be comfortable collecting on overdue balances and discussing patient responsibility on amounts not covered by insurance. Candidate should be available during our business hours of Monday - Friday, 7am-6pm.
A fabulous attendance record and extraordinary reliability are a must. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a team and a great attitude are a must! OB/GYN or experience with Athena Clinicals experience a plus.
Please respond with resume and salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!