Kristie Willis, RN, BSN: Kristie has been a nurse for 15 1/2 years with 14 years as an OB/GYN nurse at Austin Area OBGYN. She currently works for Dr. Robert Cowan, but has also worked with all of our physicians. She has been teaching our Newborn Care Class since March 2001 and Childbirth Classes since May 2008.
The Doctors encourage first time parents to enroll in Childbirth class, whether scheduled for vaginal delivery or cesarean. Our Childbirth class is offered monthly on a Saturday and is designed for those who prefer a one-day work shop. The classes are offered on Saturday from 9:00-4:00 and will meet in our office waiting room. This class is meant to be fun, light-hearted, and informative.
- Prepare expectant mothers and their partners for childbirth.
- Discuss hospital routine and policy.
- Discuss vaginal delivery and cesarean delivery.
- Discuss natural labor vs pain control vs anesthesia.
- Discuss post-partum care.
- Private tour of Texas Women's Center (Labor/Delivery, Postpartum, Nursery.)
- The process of Labor and Delivery
- Brief discussion of Lamaze and relaxation
- Pain control and anesthesia
- Hospital experience
- Tips on choosing a Pediatrician
- Discussion with a pediatrician about basic newborn experiences
- Tour of Labor and Delivery
- Discussion of Cesarean- indication and process
- Postpartum Care
Schedule: Two Consecutive Wednesdays. 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm (Jan, March, May, July, Sept, Nov); OR, One Saturday all day class from 9:00am - 4:00pm (Feb, April, June, Aug, Oct, Dec)
Location: Office Waiting Room #100 (St. David's Women's Center for Texas)
Price: $90 per couple; Cash or Check (Checks payable to Kristie Willis): may pay at class or drop off with nurse ahead of time.
January 10th & 17th
April 4th & 11th
May 9th & 16th
July 11th & 18th
September 5th & 12th
November 7th & 14th
December 4th and 12th from 6:30-9:30 pm
This is an enjoyable class. We will break for lunch and will do a tour of the hospital. You will receive lots of good information which will serve you well. Cost: $90.00 per couple. Please make payment the day of the class. Please pay by cash or check. Please make checks payable to Kelly Reagan. For more information, contact Kristie Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 775 - 4677 (Voice/Text)
Childbirth Preparation Class - Download PDF